Book Promo Banner
Pearl button thread loop

Pearl button thread loop

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Pearl button thread loop

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Bridal shop wants thread loops for the bustle that have a small pearl sewn into the end of the loop that goes over the clear button for the bustle. I know how to do thread loops, but how do I place a pearl in the end of the loop (not where the loop is attached to the dress/train??? Help fast! Deadline approaching!!!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

If I’m understanding you, you need to sew a pearl on the end of the button loop. You need to buy pearl shank buttons, you might be able to find them in the button section of the fabric store. They look like these https://www.etsy.com/listing/84316818/domed-pearl-buttons-with-wire-shank-lot?ref=market Then I would just hand sew them on the end of the loop, bring your thread and needle through the actual fabric of the loop. If the loop is made of thread, go through the threads of the loop. If it’s a thread loop, I would use the smallest pearl buttons I could find since you don’t want a lot of weight on the thread loop. Sew several times through the button, securing it to the end of the loop. good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.