Book Promo Banner
Pattern Wrong

Pattern Wrong

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Pattern Wrong

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 1 month ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’ve done simplicity patterns before and all of the size charts are the same, but the latest pattern I’ve done, NewLook A6000 is too small even though I cut out the same size 10 I’ve been on other dresses.  Now I’ve wasted time and money because this dress is going to be too small for me to wear.  Is there a way I can salvage it??

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I don’t have this pattern but looking at it on Simplicity’s site, it looks like you might be able to get a little room from the darts and pleats and use smaller seam allowance.   Is the sizing on this pattern the same as other size 10’s you’ve made?  Hopefully, it’s not that small and you can get enough extra room from small areas.  You can always add side panels and do the same on sleeves.  Color blocking is so fashionable so maybe do the panels in another color or print.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

oh no!!!  🙁  That’s horrible.  I would definitely send them an email informing them of the discrepancy.  If it’s just slightly smaller you can make your seam allowances smaller.  If there’s quite a bit of difference, the only thing I can suggest is sewing separate panels along the side seam…maybe make a it a contrasting color and everyone will assume it’s a design element.  Let me know how it ends up.  It’s a really cute style so I hope you get to wear it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.