Book Promo Banner
Pattern Paper

Pattern Paper

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Pattern Paper

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I watch the video on pant drafting and I really enjoyed it because I’m 5 ft and curvy so I have problem finding pants that fit, so thank you for making the video.   Now my problem is what website is it that I can find the pattern paper; my fabric store doesn’t  carry it and also where can I find the exact rulers that you use?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

My local chain fabric store doesn’t carry these supplies either so I definitely had to search to find them and ended up finding them at a fabric supply store that is more geared towards fashion fabrics rather than all around craft store.  As far as the paper is concerned, you don’t need to use pattern paper.  You can just get large sheets of paper or get medium sheets and tape them together.  If you a have a local art supply store, you may find some paper that would make a good substitute.  I only prefer the pattern paper because it is large and has marks to use as a guide for making straight edges. I did find a store online that does carry all the supplies though  

Pattern Paper:  HERE  

French Curve:  HERE  

Hip Curve:  (they call it a skirt curve) HERE  

I think that’s it as everything else should be pretty easy to find.  Good luck and we’d love to see how your pants turn out.  🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’m curious. I’m looking at pattern making kits. In particular, PGM Fashion Student Kit C2. It include ‘pattern hooks’ and some ‘rubber band’ looking things. The kit costs less than purchasing individually the major items you use in pattern making tutorials. What do you do with pattern hooks? And, what about the rubber band things? Further, do you have any advice on kits? thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.