Book Promo Banner
Pattern making: neckline edging

Pattern making: neckline edging

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Pattern making: neckline edging

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi

I am making a pattern from a simple garment and I am attaching a photo of the neckline of my favourite top. I can follow the tutorial on making a pattern from a tank top but I am at a loss as to how to achieve the neckline edge in the photo. Please can you help?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Are you referring to the white binding? You can make this from cutting strips of knit fabric. If you want to see an example of me sewing on binding on a neckline, check out our tutorial the Baby Onesie. Obviously, the size of my binding might be different than yours but the concept could still work. (http://youtu.be/6eVAQl0ROTM?t=3m3s) I hope this helps. If you finish your tank top, please post a pic 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for the advice. It is the white binding I mean. I have watched the tutorial and now know what you mean. Mind you, the Onesie is so sweet that I almost feel tempted to abandon the dress and make the Onesie instead! I will put up a picture of the end product! It will be tank top dress Mark 2 because the first one I made had one armhole bigger than the other. However it was an invaluable learning experience.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I can’t wait to see how the final one turns out 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.