Book Promo Banner
Pattern is too small

Pattern is too small

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Pattern is too small

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’ve cut ( and thrown away) the correct pattern size of a fab blouse. I need to increase the width of the long sleeve and increase the size of the bodice of the blouse. I’ve watched your videos and I’ve got the pivot and slide process, but what to do and in what order? Will the increase for the sleeve and the sizing up of the bodice matter to the order of the alteration? I need to add an inch(1/2 ” each seam) to the sleeve for the right width. And, then adjust the arm hole BUT, do I do that first ( sleeve and armhole) and then make the FBA? Or, the FBA takes care of the armhole? HELP.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

How much are you increasing the bustline by? Because the sleeve is normally eased into an armhole, it doesn’t need to be an exact measurement, although you want the sleeve cap to be slightly larger, rather than slightly smaller than the armhole. So if you’re increasing the bustline by 5″ total (which is 2 1/2 on each side) but only 1″ on the sleeve you might have an issue. If they’re pretty close to the same, then I would proceed with a muslin and see if you can just ease the two pieces together without an issue. good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.