Book Promo Banner
pattern and fabric layout

pattern and fabric layout

Home Page Forums Ask A Question pattern and fabric layout

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi, I am working from simplicity pattern 1453. It says it is easy but I am stuck at the very beginning…placing the patter on the fabric. You have a video out about that and it helped me with a similar pattern but this one is different. The layout is showing a fold at the top and another fold at the bottom with selvages on one side(right). Two pieces at the top but on one is to be cut on the top fold but the other piece looks like it should be it is not. There is one piece on the bottom to be cut on the fold. My question is how do I fold the fabric? There is also another layout next to it with more pattern pieces(selvages at top and fold at the bottom).

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hmmm…how I interpret this is that you’re going to open up your fabric completely so you should have the selvage of the fabric on top and on bottom. Take the left cut end and fold it over enough to get piece 2 (on the fold) and piece 1 (not on the fold). Then take the right cut edge and fold it on top of itself to get piece 6 on there (on the fold). So basically you’re just folding over the cut edges. Hope this helps and you can start sewing! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.