Book Promo Banner
pants pull down in back and forward at crotch!!

pants pull down in back and forward at crotch!!

Home Page Forums Ask A Question pants pull down in back and forward at crotch!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Dear Professor Pincushion,
    My pants center back pulls down and the the crotch pulls forward. On my muslin, I can see that the grainline is straight down the leg, but the crotch line and the hip line are angling down toward the center, and the grain line is angling in above the crotch line.

Please see the attached photos.

Thank you so much for your help.

Roni

PS I also know the crotch extension is a little too long. I had added an inch to the back crotch trying to see if that would help. It didn’t and I plan to remove it.

professorpincushion
    Participant

Instead of extending the crotch, you may need to scoop the crotch so it’s a little deeper. I looked to see if I could find a visual to help explain it and found this blog: https://mellysews.com/how-to-fit-pants-when-sewing-pants-fitting-issues/ Your issue might be a combination of things, but it might be solved with the scooping technique shown in her blog. I hope this helps!

Anonymous

Thank you for your response. I have already scooped out the back crotch, and it wasn’t enough to solve this problem. The hip line is dipping 1.25″ in the back, don’t I need to find a way to make that parallel with the floor?
    Roni

professorpincushion
    Participant

Sorry, for the delay. Yes, it should be level, so you might need to remove some of the back crotch length at the top of the crotch line from the pants back. At this point, I would only remove from the top of the pattern and see it helps. sorry, you’re having a headache fitting issue and I hope you get it solved. I did find this site where they show a hipline that’s dipping in the back: https://www.wildginger.com/wiki/pantsfitguide.htm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.