Book Promo Banner
Pants PAttern

Pants PAttern

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Pants PAttern

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    easyfiber

I am a Male and have been looking to make my own pant pattern. Have watched your videos on it but the pants are not fitting well. Both the Pajama and Basic Pants. Is there something else in the drafting for male that is different from the female? If so, can you help clarify.
    Also, want to make T-Shirts to my measurements. Can you walk me thru the steps from how to draft he pattern, etc.

Thanks

professorpincushion
    Participant

It is different drafting for men than for women and I admit I don’t have much experience in this. In regards to women’s pants, women usually require more in the back of the pants while men usually like a looser fit in the front. There are other resources that can probably help better than me in this area such as books: https://www.amazon.com/Pattern-Cutting-Menswear-Gareth-Kershaw-ebook/dp/B00P1DNHPG/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1 or if you have clothes that fit you well you can draft patterns based on those, like in our Creating Patterns from Existing Clothes series and while you’re doing it, you can compare finished measurements with your body measurements to give you a better idea in how ease they are adding. I hope this helps a little.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.