Book Promo Banner
Obstacle to Shortening Denim Jeans

Obstacle to Shortening Denim Jeans

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Obstacle to Shortening Denim Jeans

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mahonia
    Participant

Hi, after seeing the YouTube on shortening jeans, I gave it a try & completed it successfully. But I’m not so sure I want to tackle any more pairs…. the problem? My sewing machine, though a high quality one, isn’t a model made for super heavy duty fabrics. There is no way it can sew over the seams that run vertically along the inside & outside of the legs of denim jeans.

Given all the clear information presented in the YouTube, I’m surprised it doesn’t note this potential obstacle — seems like this would be a problem for many people. (It IS still possible to get the job done, but it requires quite a bit of hand-tacking & a lot more time.)

Any comments?

professorpincushion
    Participant

If your machine has problems going over the seams, you can try something like a jean-a-ma-jig or what I do is fold fabric and place it behind the needle but under the presser foot so it’s leveled out. Sometimes the problem is because the presser foot is at a slant. But I understand your frustration. I prefer not working with denim because I don’t like dealing with all the thick layers. 🙁

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.