Book Promo Banner
Never altered sizing on a commercial pattern before

Never altered sizing on a commercial pattern before

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Never altered sizing on a commercial pattern before

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I need to alter a commercial pattern for a top. Having reviewed videos on pivoting and sliding I feel up to the challenge but as I need to alter the bust, waist and hips by about two sizes (and probably the sleeve circumference too) I wonder if there is a correct order in which to approach this – from the top, from the bottom or from the middle?

I’m so pleased to have found your videos and site – i gave up sewing clothes as I couldn’t get a good fit and now I feel that I CAN look good in something I’ve made afterall.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

It sounds like you want to increase the overall size of the pattern, going from one size to another. The methods in our video are usually for tackling one or two areas. You might want to try pattern grading instead to at least get you to a better point. We don’t have a tutorial on this but there’s a pretty good article regarding pattern grading here: http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/4368/making-sense-of-pattern-grading/page/all I hope this helps. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.