Book Promo Banner
Neckline

Neckline

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Neckline

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years, 8 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I am having trouble with my neck line, do you have a video explaining how to sew a neckline
    for a t-shirt?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

We don’t have a tutorial on doing a t-shirt neckline yet, but I’ll add it to our list. What part is giving you the most trouble?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

When I sew in my band and flip it up, it sticks out. I did press it but it still stick out. I am thinking it could be because my fabric is linen and might get better results using cotton fabric, or a thinner piece of band, along with a half inch seam allowance.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hmmmm…it could be the fabric is just too stiff. I haven’t heard of that one before. :/

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking more about this. Is there a reason you chose to make the tshirt band out of linen? Usually this is made from ribbed knit or a similar type of knit and the band is usually slightly smaller than the neckline so that the band needs to be stretched to fit and probably allows it to lie flatter. It’s just a thought.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

for this particular project, the entire garment is linen. I do plan on making cotton t-shirts as well. I will stretch it next time so that it could lie flat. Thank you for your insight.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.