Book Promo Banner
My lining is showing!

My lining is showing!

Home Page Forums Ask A Question My lining is showing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

So I’m working on the coat (of doom) from Simplicity 2172. I’m sooo close to being done, but when I put it on last night I realized the lining at the bottom is hanging lower than the edge of where the lining and primary fabric meet. I did the (incredibly frustrating) understitching as the pattern and Professor’s video instructed but it still hanging madly low. How can I fix this? A quick patch solutions is greatly appreciated as I’m hoping to wear this in two days time to an event.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

oh no! This could have happened during the cutting process where the lining ended up slightly longer than the main fabric, like if there was an unseen wrinkle or something. But we need a quick solution here! If you pull up the lining (let’s say from the general waistline area) and safety pin it into place does that help at all? If so, maybe just put in a few handsewn tacking stitches to hold it into place so you can wear it to your event and enjoy compliments while no one knows your secret.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Fantastic, that type of fix had been my first thought. Tacked it up this morning and that section is fixed. Now to the other hiccups, whee.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.