Book Promo Banner
Measuremen’s from hooded cloak patter

Measuremen’s from hooded cloak patter

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Measuremen’s from hooded cloak patter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hey, I just got done watching your hooded cloak pattern video (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UVs2EE6tgcw) and noticed that you did not explain how you got the 7 1/2in for cloak and 11 7/8 inch measurements for hood. I am trying to make this for my students and needed to know if those were just your neck measurements or random numbers you used. If they were your measurements, how do I measure the neck line for the cloak and hood?

Thanks for your time and I love the video.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hello, thanks for your question. This is one of those tutorials that I did several prototypes before I got a hood that I was actually happy with so not all the measurements are calculated based on other measurements and can be altered. The original box is 14 1/8 X 17 1/8. This is essentially the width and height of the hood. Yes, the 11 7/8 is based on the neckline measurement. The student can take their neckline measurement from the cloak, divide that measurement in half and use that measurement instead of the 11 7/8. Again, this is just for the base of the hood as it will still be 14 1/8 in the middle of the hood because we want the hood to be loose around our heads and not tight. From the base of the line, I go up 8 1/2″ and draw a dashed line. I don’t know if this is the line you’re referencing in regards to you mentioning 7 1/2″. If so, this is not based on any calculation, just on my personal preference for helping to shape the hood pattern. I hope that helps and that your students enjoy making their cloak! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.