Book Promo Banner
making a onesie

making a onesie

Home Page Forums Ask A Question making a onesie

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 7 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I watched the video on how to make a newborn onesie. I am going to be a step mother of a disabled child and his entire family is looking for onesies for when he out grows size 4T. I was trying to figure out how to adjust your pattern so I could make some onesies for him. any advice would be awesome.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I answered you on youtube but in case you didn’t see my response, here it is: the two measurements I would take would be the length and width of the kid’s torso and compare it to the existing pattern. If you take a look at our pattern, you’ll see that main pieces are in quarters. Let’s say you want to increase 1″ in length and 1″ in width. I’ll take the front pattern for my example. So on the side that has “3” on it, I’ll increase that side by 1″, that gives me a longer length. Then I would tape the extended 3 side to the matching 3 part of the pattern. Now on the side that says “2”, I’ll extend this full side by 1/2″. Front pattern is done. Repeat the process with the back pattern and now you have a pattern that’s longer by an inch and wider by an inch. If you’re doing a big increase, you may want to consider take the existing pattern and enlarging it on your printer just to experiment with it faster. Just use cheap fabric to test your prototype. Hope this helps.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

do you have any suggestion on where to buy knit for the onsie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.