Book Promo Banner
Machine problems

Machine problems

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Machine problems

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hello. I’m having a problem with my sewing machine needle hitting the metal part on the race or basket or what ever it’s called ( I’m a novice when it comes to machine parts). I think it has to do with the timing of the machine. I just wanted to know if you would give me some advice on how to fix the problem myself I would like to avoid taking my machine for repairs if at all possible.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

So the needle is hitting the needle plate or won’t go down all the way? First, make sure the needle is not bent. Also, some machines have a needle positioning adjustment so you may have to check your manual to see how to adjust this on your machine to make sure it isn’t that. If the needle doesn’t go all the way down, make sure that it’s actually installed all the way. That happened to me before. I didn’t put the needle in all the way before replacing the screw and it hit the bottom inside the machine and broke. 🙁 When you test it, just test with a regular straight stitch. I hope your machine feels better soon!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.