Book Promo Banner
lining for semi sheer, gather-on curtains

lining for semi sheer, gather-on curtains

Home Page Forums Ask A Question lining for semi sheer, gather-on curtains

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by professorpincushion.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Can I use a Pellon iron-on interfacing for a lining for my semi sheer, gather-on curtains? The panels will be 50″ x 50″. I will be using 300 inches (6 panels) of fabric which will be gathered on a tension rod to cover a 118″ window. I am not a seamstress and have limited experience sewing; however, this project only requires straight line sewing so I can do the project. Working with the semi-sheer is a new challenge. I do not know the content of the fabric as it was purchased several years ago. I have experimented with the iron to see what temp the fabric will take and it tolerates a cotton plus setting.

Thank you for helping.

professorpincushion
    Participant

I think interfacing might make the sheer too stiff, plus most sheers are polyester, which means they can’t handle the high heat you normally need a really hot iron in order to iron on the interfacing. If you want to add another layer, why not just have two layers of sheer fabric? When you sew your pockets and hems, you can just sew them together at these points. Now working with sheer is kind of a pain in the neck because they tend to slip around so getting two panels to line up perfectly while you’re trying to pin and sew them together might be tricky. You might want to pick up some spray basting at the fabric store. It’s like a spray temporary glue, that way you can stick them together to make it easier for you to treat each panel as one. good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.