Book Promo Banner
Lining for men’s pants

Lining for men’s pants

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Lining for men’s pants

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I purchased some Madras fabric to make some “lay around” pants. I like Madras because it is such a cool fabric to wear. Well, after I shrunk it, I was folding it and hadn’t noticed how “see through” it is. I am wondering if I could cut the pattern out and then go back and cut some more fabric using the shorts part of the pattern as a lining. How would I attach the shorts in the leg area? Just hem and let it hang? I don’t want anyone seeing through them. I would wear them to mail box and back, but that is the only time I would wear them outside. The backyard wouldn’t matter. Am I asking for the impossible?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

oh my! I’m glad you discovered it was see-through before you made them and starting wearing them out and about. :O Yes, you can definitely do what you’re suggesting. I would imagine that the shorts and pants would be attached at the waist, whatever type of waistband you plan on creating. You can baste them together at the top and then treat it as one piece for doing that part. Then for making sure each short stays in its proper place, I would also tack it at the side and inner leg pants seam allowances at the bottom of the shorts. I hope that helps! 😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.