Book Promo Banner
Lining for a satin dress

Lining for a satin dress

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Lining for a satin dress

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JavaJonesSews
    Participant

I will be making a satin dress for my daughter’s wedding. I need to put a lining in it, but am not sure what kind of lining fabric to use. If it matters, the dress will also have a lace overlay, so the finished piece will be three layers thick.

professorpincushion
    Participant

hi there! You could just use regular apparel lining, it’s usually made of acetate and is lightweight but I usually prefer not too because I find it static-y, too slick, and not very breathable. Instead, I prefer to use another lightweight material. If you have a JoAnn’s near you, I would check out their Silk Essence, it’s usually in the formal apparel section but on its own shelf. It’s polyester but lightweight, silky, doesn’t wrinkle and fairly easy to work with. Here’s a link to it online: http://www.joann.com/sew-classic-silky-solid-silkessence/prd7633.html Good luck!

JavaJonesSews
    Participant

Thanks so much! I live in a small city in South Carolina. We used to have a Hancock Fabrics but they closed down. There is a JoAnn’s about an hour away, though. I will definitely check out the Silk Essence. I greatly appreciate your input!
    -D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.