Book Promo Banner
Leotards

Leotards

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Leotards

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

There is a mannequin I am looking at buying sometime this year. And iTs adjustable its size is bust 49/ waist 32/ and hips 40/. My question goes this way? Leotards( tight fitting clothe)are used to take measurements for drafting bodices right? specially the full bust measurement from side seem to side seem. And then similarly for full waist measurement from side seem to side seem. So for instance if I have a lady who waist is 36 bust is 44 and hips are 45. And I then adjust my mannequin to this sizes and take the full bust width and full waist width measurement on the mannequin directly than taking measurement on the actually person wearing a tight fittings cloth? Will be accurate?. Why am saying this is because sometimes fitting clothes have side seems that are far from the centre of the body. And fitting clothes for really fat women are difficult to get

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

If you’re making your pattern from scratch using the exact body measurements, it should be accurate. But it’s a good idea to always make the muslin to test the fit. yes, wearing a leotard is a good idea for taking measurements, but if they don’t have one, they can also wear a fitted tank top too. Also, they should wear whatever bra they plan on wearing under the garment that you’re making.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.