Book Promo Banner
Keeping Plaid Matched

Keeping Plaid Matched

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Keeping Plaid Matched

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    VelcroJo
    Participant

Hi,

I followed the tutorial on matching plaid and it gave me the confidence to start cutting and sewing my daughter’s shirt. However when I sewed the front band onto the shirt, although it looked as though it matched when pinned, it seemed to match less and less as I sewed. Any tips please? Would basting have helped before sewing? Sorry the pictures aren’t great but give an idea.

Thanks

Attachments:
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Your attached images did not work, I raised the maximum file size restriction, so try again.

professorpincushion
    Participant

yes, matching stripes and plaids is not easy so don’t be so hard on yourself. There are a few things you can do. You can use a lot more pins and when you sew, don’t remove them until you’re right up on them. You can hand baste the seam first. Or you can use a walking foot. You probably did a good job pinning originally, but when you’re sewing at the machine, the fabric could be sliding apart, making it no longer match. Don’t give up 🙂

VelcroJo
    Participant

Thanks, for replying. Will keep going and take my time with it. Plenty of pins and basting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.