Book Promo Banner
Joan Dress Waistline

Joan Dress Waistline

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Joan Dress Waistline

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I have a question. I have a super long waist at least a inch and a half longer than normal so I can NEVER wear anything with a gathered waist as it hits above the waist on me. I am speaking mostly from store bought clothing. So in this pattern it measures your back-neck to waist, is this going to be able to fit my long waist??

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

If I were you, I would pick the size that best fits your measurements. Only cut out pieces of the bodice in muslin or junk fabric and baste these pieces together. Don’t worry about sleeves. Try it on and see where the waistline falls. (Remember that the bottom will eventually be 5/8″ shorter due to seam allowance with the skirt of the dress.) If it’s too short, go ahead and use some of the leftover tissue paper that your pattern was printed on and tape an inch or so to the bottom of the bodice pieces, (adding to the length), until the waistline is where you want it.  Make sure that you maintain the integrity and shape of the original pattern pieces.  So if it has zigzag shape at the bottom original pattern, your adjusted one also has that same shape.  Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.