Book Promo Banner
Jacket – Steps

Jacket – Steps

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Jacket – Steps

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 6 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hello PP,
    I’m looking to make a jacket (pleather) for my son and myself (dude here). I was wondering if you could recommend some steps to consider and/or references before I start a possible UFO.
    Chris

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Oh, I hope it doesn’t lead to a UFO or EFO! Menswear patterns are super limited in the pattern world so it doesn’t take long to go through them all and come to the conclusion that men only wear vests, pajamas or scrubs. This is too bad because it does seem like men are picking up this hobby more and more. I don’t think you’re going to find a pattern like that exactly but you might be able to find a few basic patterns that can help you get part of the way and then do a few tweaks on your own. It seems that Burda patterns have the most to offer when it comes to men’s patterns. The two that might help you out the most might be http://www.simplicity.com/p-11622-burda-style-menswear.aspx and this one http://www.simplicity.com/p-7967-burda-style-coat-jacket.aspx. You need to use your imagination a bit and see which parts of the pattern you can use. The only other option is if you come across a similar jacket (at a thriftstore or that you own) you can try and use it as a guildeline to creating your own patterns. If you ever come across a treasure trove of decent patterns for men, please let me know 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’ll try to make one out of some cheap (think-ish) material before I blow cash on nice material.

I’ll keep you informed on the progress….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.