Book Promo Banner
Jacket Lining

Jacket Lining

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Jacket Lining

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 6 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hello,

I want to congratulate you for this amazing job that you do. I personally have learnt so many things watching your videos and thank you so much! Recently I am facing a problem with adjusting the lining in the jacket that I am making and none of the videos that I’ve seen generally on youtube seems to be helpful enough. I think you are the only one who can demonstrate it perfectly for us to understand it! Could you please help me with that? Thank you again and keep up the good work!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

We don’t have a tutorial on this but it’s certainly a possibility, so I’ll add it to my list. Which part are you having trouble with in particular and maybe I can try and help you out through here.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hello and thank you for your direct answer! I’m having trouble with the whole process because I don’t know at all how to put lining in a jacket.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Normally what I do is create the outer shell of the jacket bodice and then the lining bodice. Since it’s a jacket, you’ll sew the two pieces together around the neckline, front opening edges and bottom edge (or not depending if you’ll hem the bottom edge separately). So the only area not sewn may be the armholes which is used to flip the whole thing right side out. Then I put on the jacket sleeves and then the lining sleeves would go in similar to our tutorial sleeve lining. I’m sure there are other ways to do it, but that’s a very simple way to get that lining in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.