Book Promo Banner
Interfacing Pieces

Interfacing Pieces

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Interfacing Pieces

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi All – I am new to the formal sewing world and for the first time ever – using interfacing. I am very confused. I applied the interfacing easy enough, per Prof Pincushions great instructions. However, when assembling the garment, they never tell me how to assemble the interfacing pieces. So I have 2 fabric bodice backs – 1 they told me to apply the interfacing – No where in the instructions can I see when to use the second fabric bodice piece. I assume I have to use it to cover the interfacing on the first bodice piece but it doesn’t tell me how to do that?? Am I supposed to just know how to do that? In the instructions it the only refers to the back side of the bodice back piece, which does NOT show as interfacing but interestingly enough shows as the WRONG side of the bodice but I don’t have a wrong side of the bodice if I apply the second fabric piece to the interfacing. HELP – As you can tell, I’m quite confused.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

oh no! I know dealing with all these pieces can be a bit confusing but, hopefully, I can help. If you look at the actual pattern piece, does it say for example “cut 2 of fabric, cut 1 of interfacing”? Normally, interfacing is reserved for facing pieces and you wouldn’t find it cover a full bodice piece…but I guess it could be possible. Also, your pattern layout will tell you which pieces need to be cut out of interfacing fabric. If you want to post a pic of your pattern layout to this thread, I’ll take a look at it for you and will help try to clear this up.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for your reply. It took me about 3 hours of thinking but I finally figured out the CRYPTIC instructions. I’m not totally figured out but I had a major breakthrough. The instructions do not bother to tell you certain things, taking for granted that certain things should be known. hahahah – Not! Anyway – I think I am good to go – at least for now. I another stumbling block but plan to give it some more thought before posting. I will absolutely post a pic of the instructions and my pieces if need be.

PS – I LOVE YOUR SITE! – YOUR VIDEOS ARE VERY WELL DONE.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

yay! I’m so glad the mystery has been solved! Let me know if you have any other roadblocks 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.