Book Promo Banner
Inserting Zipper in a Skirt with Janome 525S

Inserting Zipper in a Skirt with Janome 525S

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Inserting Zipper in a Skirt with Janome 525S

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I have just bought my first machine and I am really excited. I have viewed the Professor’s video on inserting a zipper in a skirt until I know it verbatim. The problem is the my zipper foot E has one side bigger than the other, and the zipper foot in the video seems to have equal sides. This is making it difficult to do the things in the video. Please excuse me if this is so basic to be laughable, but I really do want to learn and need help!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’ve attached an image to this post. Is this what you’re foot looks like? If so, then it appears there are two positions you can attach the foot to the shank, depending on how close you need to sew. There’s a partition down the middle of the foot so you can either have the shank attached to the left side or the right side of that partition. My zipper foot is kind of similar and I switch sides depending on which side the zipper teeth are in relation to my foot when I’m sewing. I hope that makes sense and helps you out.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thanks Professor. I have attached a picture of mine. In the video, both sides of the post looked equal whereas on mine you can sew closer to the teeth on the right hand side than on the left. I think my confusion arose from my manual being explicit about which side to use in relation to the teeth. I think they were installing the zip in a different way – could it be lap zipper? I am really pleased with my machine and am really grateful for your response.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.