Book Promo Banner
how to make a cat blanket

how to make a cat blanket

Home Page Forums Ask A Question how to make a cat blanket

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi, I love your website. I only have a part time job so I am not able to join as a premium member. I would like to make cat blankets for the shelter I volunteer at. Since I finally found a part time job, I can only volunteer once a week when I was volunteering 3 days a week. The one day a week I have will be off and on as I work weekends also so I won’t always have a day to volunteer. Anyway, I would like to make fleece blankets for the cats.I found lots of video’s online on how to make a no sew fleece blanket but I do not like those. I want to make fleece blankets that are sewn so they can be washed and still survive as a blanket. I just started to sew again when I found your website. I made the sock monkey, pot holder, and oven mitt. Is it possible you could do a video on how to make a good fleece blanket for cats or possibly tell me how to make one? Thank you so much, Cynthia

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hi there! I just want to point out the the nice thing about fleece is that it doesn’t fray so there’s really no need to finish the edges. This is why no-sew blankets are so popular because if you wash them, they’re still going to have nice, unfrayed edges. If you really want to have nice finished edges, you can always use premade bias tape to put on the edge. They make wider bias tape for blankets and you can put it on similar to what we do to our binding in our basic block quilt tutorial. I hope this helps and I’m glad you enjoy our tutorials 😀

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.