Book Promo Banner
how to install a zipper in an already made skirt

how to install a zipper in an already made skirt

Home Page Forums Ask A Question how to install a zipper in an already made skirt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I need your help. I’ve searched high and low on utube and google and cannot find a tutorial on this: I bought this gorgeous skirt. it is lace with lining. The back is elastic, the front just has a nice waistband with no stretch. I can barely get it over my hips but once I wiggle in it, it fits my waist perfectly and looks great. I don’t want to go up a size. I simply want to install a small invisible zipper to give me some room to get in it. But how???? I’ve never installed a zipper in an already finished skirt and considering the lace, the lining, the elastic waist, etc… I’m getting all confused. Any way you can help? Maybe you can do a tutorial on this hint hint!

Thanks!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

You can definitely install a zipper in this skirt but it would require some work. If the skirt has side seams I would probably put the invisible zipper there. The biggest issue is the waistband. Is there a seam in the waistband where it can be broken apart without cutting it? If not, you might have to remove the waistband, put in the invisible zipper on the side seam and then put in a new waistband to finish it off. It’s hard for me to know for sure without seeing it in person. Another idea, is maybe taking it to a local dry cleaner alterations place and just inquire into putting in an invisible zipper (and how much?) and with their expert eye looking into it, they might give you some hints.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.