Book Promo Banner
How do I cut pattern with both sides?

How do I cut pattern with both sides?

Home Page Forums Ask A Question How do I cut pattern with both sides?

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Firstly, Howdy Professor! I am happy to have found your website! My question is 2- part: My pattern directions gives a key that the shaded is printed side down and the blank is printed side up. Looking at my pattern layout it is requesting both ways. Pieces 1, 4, & 8 are printed side up, and pieces 3, 7, & 9 are printed side down. Do I cut out one set then flip my fabric over to cut out the other? This will only be my second project. Also if you look at the layout 3a is at 44″ 45″, and 3b is 58″ 60″. What is that for and why does the shorter one call for more material than the longer one? Just a question I can’t figure out. Now looking at it, does it have to do with how your fabric is cut?? Thank you in advance!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

first answer: You don’t have to flip your fabric over, just flip the individual patterns. so the white ones will be with the pattern right side up and the shaded will be the patterns right side down. They do this so they can lay the pattern pieces a certain way and get it to all fit with the same fabric amount.
    second answer: the difference of 3a and 3b is just a different layout based on the width of your fabric. If the fabric you purchased is 44/45″ in width than you follow the layout for 3a. If it’s 58/60″ in width than you follow 3b.
    Hope this helps and good luck!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Oh thank you Professor! I was making this way too hard. Now I am about to cut!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.