Book Promo Banner
help please18

help please18

Home Page Forums Ask A Question help please18

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

bought pattern size based on full bust of 44″which said size 22. after learning pivot method ,I think I should have got pattern size which has bust measurement of 40.
    actual body measurements: upper bust 40, full bust 44.waist 38.
    size 18 measurements on pattern are bust 40, waist 32.
    How do I adjust this?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

If you haven’t cut the pattern out, usually fabric stores allow you to exchange it. If you already started cutting out the size 22, if I were you, I would just move forward in creating your muslin. I’m not concerned that it won’t fit you in the bustline but there could be a possibility that the shoulder area may be a little too big. You won’t know for sure until you can try on the muslin though. Just use some cheap muslin fabric and baste the pieces together enough so you can try on the basic bodice shell. If you need to take in a little here and there, mark with a fabric pen and then transfer those marks to your pattern so when you use nicer fabric, those adjustments have already been made for you. You can do it! 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I did the muslin and it’s tight,now what

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Is it the bustline that’s too tight? If so, you can try do a bust increase, maybe start by adding 1/2″ to the side seams and that’ll increase the bustline by an 1″, and see if that’s better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.