Book Promo Banner
Heirloom Sewing and the jacket in the Exposed Zip Tutorial

Heirloom Sewing and the jacket in the Exposed Zip Tutorial

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Heirloom Sewing and the jacket in the Exposed Zip Tutorial

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 4 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi Professor,
    I have two questions, the first question, Heirloom sewing, is the reverse button used on Heirloom stitches? The second question the jacket you are making in the Exposed Zip Tutorial is it a commercial pattern or one you have made yourself? If it is a commercial pattern does it come in large sizes and where can I buy it from?
    Tracey Monica
    PS Love the colour you have chose for the jacket it goes so well with the white zips.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Are you talking about stitches with the wing needle? My machine just labels them as “hemstiches” and doesn’t identify them any further. sorry, I can’t help further on this. The jacket I made is from New Look 6251. If your fabric store doesn’t carry New Look, you can order it from here: http://www.simplicity.com/p-11279-misses-and-mens-jacket-or-vest.aspx 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi Professor,
    Yes I am talking about stitches with a wing needle. About the the pattern for the jacket it is too small, do you know of any other patterns what have zipped pockets like this jacket
    in larger sizes.
    Tracey Monica

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi Professor,
    You have not responded to my reply yet. Do you know of any patterns similar to this one in larger sizes? This is too small. Also the “hemstitches” do I use the reverse button at the begining and ending of a hem?
    Tracey Monica

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

sorry for the delay. I don’t know of any patterns offhand but it’s been awhile since I’ve gone through all the pattern books. As far as hemstitching is concerned, since these stitches are usually a little more complicating than just a regular straight stitch and usually go through the same holes more than once, I don’t think backstitching is as crucial but I don’t think it’s a bad thing to just do it anyways.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.