Book Promo Banner
Fusible Fleese Used in your Video for Making Pattern for Sewing Machine Cover

Fusible Fleese Used in your Video for Making Pattern for Sewing Machine Cover

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Fusible Fleese Used in your Video for Making Pattern for Sewing Machine Cover

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    unicorn8767
    Participant

I have a question regarding the fusible fleece used for making the sewing machine cover. I reviewed some instructions for using the fusible fleece. It recommends that “it is essential to first fuse some regular interfacing to the wrong side of your fabric. Applying fusible fleece directly to the fabric can cause the wavy (and ugly) aspect that it takes on when you apply fusible fleece directly to the fabric. Applying a layer of regular fusible interfacing first will prevent this. The other reason is that, particularly for bags, this extra thickness of the stabilizer further improves the firmness and durability of the bag.” <

In your video, you don’t make any mention of that recommendation. I have never used this fusible fleece before and wonder just how sturdy the cover will be. I was thinking to use a brocade cotton material for both the outside Fabric 1 and for the inside Fabric 2 (with the Fabric 2 being a different color. It is my intention to use a medium-weight fusible fleece and use a lite-weight fusible regular interfacing as recommended in the instructions for fusible fleece.

I would appreciate your feedback regarding the recommended instructions to add the regular fusible interfacing before applying the fusible fleece. I have three machines I need to make covers for.

It was a great video and it was easy to make the pattern pieces. So glad I found it! Definitely subscribed to your channel!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Verna Mason

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I have never used fusible interfacing with my fusible fleece projects before and haven’t noticed any issue, but it wouldn’t hurt anything if you want to take this extra precaution. It’ll probably make the cover a little more stiff. Mine stands up but is still very flexible but it works. I don’t think the stiffness of a sewing machine cover is essential as you can buy cheap plastic covers. They point is to keep dust out of the machine when not in use more than to provide damage protection. Thank you so much for subscribing to our channel and good luck with your covers 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.