Book Promo Banner
Full Circle Skirt Pattern

Full Circle Skirt Pattern

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Full Circle Skirt Pattern

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi – I want to attempt the Full Circle Skirt Pattern (my very first made to measure garment !!) but wondered about the following two queries if anyone could help please?…
    (1) I want to buy some of the Spot/Dot & Cross Pattern Paper that the Professor uses but so far I can’t see any anywhere here in France where I live. I am thinking of ordering it off the internet but they all seem to be in cms (groan – give me feet and inches any day !!). I presume I can just convert the inches to cms and it would still work out the same using the 1.57 division? (now that I have asked – it seems a bit of a stupid question but I am a novice and a bit nervy of my skirt !!!!!)
    (2) Last but not least, how do I know how much material to buy – which is really important (or is this obvious and again another stupid question? !!!!)
    Thanks very much – Jools (p.s. I have become obsessed with the Professor Pincushion videos/tutorials – they are just the best EVER !!!) Happy Sewing :-))

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’m excited you’re going to try this skirt! It’s definitely one of my favorites. I’ve picked up my pattern paper from Moods. http://www.moodfabrics.com/pattern-paper-11975.html It seems like they do offer international shipping. As for fabric amount, it really depends on how long the skirt is. I think for my length I got about 2 1/2 yards. Because of it’s shape, this skirt takes more fabric than other skirts. If you’re unsure, take your pattern with you when you go fabric shopping so you can lay it out. When you finish, please post a pic! 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thanks Professor !!!! I have already ordered the pattern paper and will shortly be off out shopping for my skirt fabric – exciting !!!! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.