Book Promo Banner
Finishing a Skirt that has a Wide Yoke and a Lap Zipper Without a Waist Band

Finishing a Skirt that has a Wide Yoke and a Lap Zipper Without a Waist Band

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Finishing a Skirt that has a Wide Yoke and a Lap Zipper Without a Waist Band

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mbshrader
    Participant

I’m making a skirt with a lap zipper in a wide yoke, with no waist band (Simplicity 4553). I can not figure out how to finish the inside nicely at the zipper particularly on the lap side. The lap zipper is beautiful and I don’t want to pull it out.

Pattern maker Megan Nielson did a blog on the subject associated with her Tania pattern but it is backwards and I can not understand how it works. Can you help?

professorpincushion
    Participant

I haven’t done this pattern before. Do you mean how to finish the raw edges on the seam allowances of the zipper area. Honestly, the easiest way, that looks really nice, is using skinny double-folded bias tape and slipping it over the edges to sew in place. It’s quick and always looks nice. This would be like doing a bound finish and works on all kinds of raw edges. If this is not what you mean and you’re just stuck at a particular step, it would be easier for me to help if you upload a picture here of the direction your stuck at.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.