Book Promo Banner
Faux Fur and Fleece Bed Throw

Faux Fur and Fleece Bed Throw

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Faux Fur and Fleece Bed Throw

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 1 month ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

How do you sew faux fur and fleece together without the fleece puckering? I have ‘given up’ on a late Christmas present for a friend as I cannot seem to make the throw without it twisting out of shape. The fabric is cut out and pinned together (looks lovely) but, once sewn, it had to be undone not once, but twice. I have used a walking foot, removed the dog teeth and varied the pressure on my sewing machine, to no avail. Are you able to help? Thank you very much.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

hmmm….it could possibly be the needle that’s causing the issues. I imagine these layers are going to be pretty thick, so you’ll want to use at least a heavier duty needle. Some machines, especially the newer ones, just aren’t built to sew through really thick layers. Have you tried (on a scrap) sewing with a regular foot, sewing on the fleece side but use tissue paper on the seam line so you’re sewing right on the tissue paper. I’ve never had issues with fleece but sometimes the tissue paper just really helps and you can rip it off after you do a seam. If your machine has an adjustable foot pressure dial (different than thread tension) you’ll probably want to loosen this as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.