Book Promo Banner
fabrics

fabrics

Home Page Forums Ask A Question fabrics

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

how do i know which type of fabric i need from reading the back of the envelope?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay in response. My computer broke last week and I just got a new one and trying to get caught up. On the back of the envelope, there should be a selection called Fabric Suggestions. This is going to be your biggest help in picking a fabric. It’s not going to give you every single fabric that you can use but it should give you a general idea. Usually, I use it to determine if they’re suggesting a woven fabric or a knit fabric. Then I determine what kind of weight these fabrics tend to be. So if the fabric suggestion says something like “Satin, Crepe, Silk” I can assume that the pattern should be used with a woven, midweight fabric. If I wanted to use Taffeta, I can because it would fit those two requirements. If the suggestion is chiffon or organza, those are woven, lightweight. I wouldn’t then want to use denim because even if it’s a woven fabric it would be heavyweight and probably not give me the same draped look as a chiffon. Hope that helps. Also, if you haven’t watched our tutorial on Pattern Envelope Overview, I would recommend checking it out: https://www.professorpincushion.com/professorpincushion/pattern-envelope-overview/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.