Book Promo Banner
fabric question

fabric question

Home Page Forums Ask A Question fabric question


  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by professorpincushion.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #87119

    I’m learning to sew by watching Youtube videos, but my local “fabric” store has gone to mostly crafts and quilting cotton. I’ve gone online to buy garmet fabric, with varying results: I don’t like the “inside-out” look of printed fabrics. I finally landed on one that looks the same on the inside as the outside, which I love. But I don’t know what to call this sort of fabric to look for it consistently. This is blouse/shirt weight. It doesn’t have to have the exact texture, but I like how it looks when the shirt opens or sleeves are rolled up. Can someone please tell me what to call what I’m looking for? Thank you!


    It’s hard to tell from the picture but it almost looks like a raw silk to me. You can look online for burn tests (just be careful) and it might at least help you narrow it down to the fabric content.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.