Book Promo Banner
Enlarging a Top Vintage Bodice Pattern With Side French Curved

Enlarging a Top Vintage Bodice Pattern With Side French Curved

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Enlarging a Top Vintage Bodice Pattern With Side French Curved

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

How, do I center or re-do the french curve on a vintage sewing pattern for my size and enlarged the waist.  This pattern is a 1950, simplicity # 4637.  It is a size 14, but, I want to make it a size 16 my size.

If possible can you create any videos that teaches, step, by step enlarging vintage patterns, because, sometimes, I can’t understand the printed papers from online.   Or, do you know if any Youtube sites, that will teach step by step for vintage patterns only.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

It sounds like what you want to do is pattern grading.  You’re taking a particular size and grading it up to another size altogether.  Unfortunately, we don’t have a tutorial on pattern grading, but we do hope to have one in the future.  In the meantime, check out this article I found regarding how to do pattern grading on commercial patterns.  http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/4368/making-sense-of-pattern-grading  I hope this helps and you’re able to transform your vintage pattern into something you can wear.  🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.