Book Promo Banner
Ease for pullover dress

Ease for pullover dress

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Ease for pullover dress

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kimkeat

Hi there,

I am drafting the pattern for crew neck, bodycorn dress using cotton lace and linen fabric.
    The lace will be the centre pieces in the front and the back, leaving the linen at the sides apart by the princes seam.
    I do not want to use zip at the back or front as it does not look nice for the lace.

I would like to make the dress as pullover. can you please advise how much ease at (bust, waist and hip) should I incorporated in the draft.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers,
    Kim

professorpincushion
    Participant

hmmmm…..have you considering using an invisible zipper, that way it’s less visible? If you’re not going to use a zipper, I would recommend making a muslin with cotton so you can experiment with fit. The point of princess seams is to provide something fitted and to give it shape but you might have to add a lot of ease so you can put it on and it might not look as you’re imagining. Another option is finding an apparel fabric that has some spandex in it or using knit, plus using stretch lace instead. I’m just thinking that a linen dress with no fastener is going to be really baggy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.