Book Promo Banner
Determining the Size

Determining the Size

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Determining the Size

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Yup im now good on the dartGood morning! I am new to this and trying to figure out what size dress to make for my daughter. Her measurements are all over the board. If her chest is an 8 and her hips are a 10 and her waist is an 8, how can I choose without having to make adjustments or is that possible? Would it be safe to just make a 10? It is a Butterick pattern 3860 dress B.  Thank you! 🙂

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

If I were you, I would go ahead and make the size 10.  Luckily, it’s a loose fitting dress and we want to make sure that it at least fits in the hips.  If you want to take it in a bit in certain areas, I would just baste your adjustments past your seam allowance.  And when she grows into it, just remove the basting stitches so it goes back to its original size.   Also, it would be a good idea to cut out the size 10 in cheap muslin and bast the main pieces together.  Have her try it on and if it seems way to big, even in the hips, you can still cut the pattern down to the size 8. We’d love to see a picture when you finish! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.