Book Promo Banner
Create a video

Create a video

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Create a video

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi, I’m somewhat new to sewing and I’m a visual learner. When it comes to reading patterns, I have a very difficult time because of the fact that I am a visual learner. When I watch a step by step video explaining how to make something from the pattern chosen, I’m able to do it. I recently purchased a pattern and I’m having a hard time understanding it. My question to you is this: can you create a “how to” video from the pattern that I bought? I understand you’re very busy doing other projects and videos for your website (which I actually use), but this would be very helpful to me. Being able to see a video over and over again is very important to me because I tend to forget what I just learned. I’m sure there are plenty of other people out there just like me. I plan to become a Patreon, but before I chose one of the levels, I wanted to see if there was a certain level that would get me a video made from a pattern of my choosing. If there isn’t a level, maybe you should consider making a level that would include a perk like that. I know I would pay for it. Please let me know at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for considering supporting us on Patreon! To be honest, we had considered adding a level as you suggested in which the receiver could choose a pattern tutorial for us to create but as we debated about it we just couldn’t come up with a way that it would be fair for both us, the creators, and for the patron. Full pattern tutorials require quite a bit of time to create as even the very simple basic ones can be in production for at least a week. Because of the time and effort behind creating these types of tutorials, we “charge” quite a bit for them. So while I’m flattered that people want to be taught by me personally, I understand that most individuals probably won’t want to pay for that type of service and it’s more economical find a seamstress locally who can take you through the pattern of your choice. Just know, that if you’re ever going through a pattern on your own and get stuck on a step, you can upload an image of that step on this forum and I’ll do my best to help you through it. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.