Book Promo Banner
Coverting a pattern top to a sheer yoke

Coverting a pattern top to a sheer yoke

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Coverting a pattern top to a sheer yoke

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

This is for my Granddaughter’s dress – I have a pattern that has a front panel that goes from neck/shoulders to hem and 2 side panels that join at side seams. I want to convert the top on the front panel to a sweetheart neckline with the rest of the yoke area being sheer – think Elsa’s Frozen dress. Thought I had it all figured out, but just wondering if anyone has some hints or ideas to make it a bit easier.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

It might be a good idea to make a muslin of the current bodice, then have your granddaughter try it on. While she’s wearing it, draw directly on the muslin exactly what you want the top of the bodice to look like. Take the muslin apart and cut along your hand drawn line and now you’ve created new patterns. You can actually use the muslin pieces as your pattern piece (just be sure to add seam allowance to the cut line). Then try making another muslin to make sure you’ll be happy with the results. Hope this helps! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.