Book Promo Banner
costumes alteration

costumes alteration

Home Page Forums Ask A Question costumes alteration

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 5 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I am in immediate need of knowing what to do. I took on a quartet costume project, I have been sewing for years and altering patterns for myself, now I am in the middle of having to fit this pattern to four different body types. http://www.johnlewis.com/new-look-project-runway-women’s-dress-sewing-patterns-6098/p1140808 On the front and back to pieces I am a bit confused how to do this pivot method or how to alter these pattern pieces at all. Help if you can. I have so enjoyed your helpful tutorials in general now I need specifics. Thanks so much. Greenestarr

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Are you just increasing the bustline? I think it’s just confusing because the sleeve is already attached to the bodice. Do you have another bodice pattern that’s more basic like the one I use? You can take that, place it on this pattern so you can draw where the armhole would be. With the armhole drawn, then you should have your pivot points. Does that make sense?

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

update: i ended up changing the intire arm the girls wanted a form fitting top here is what we came up with thank you for being there to lean on.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Wow, that looks great! thanks for the update 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.