Book Promo Banner
Contrasting Collar and Cuffs

Contrasting Collar and Cuffs

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Contrasting Collar and Cuffs

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 5 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I have McCalls Sewing Pattern #9579 (which is a mens/women’s short sleeve collared shirt). My question is how do you make a contrasting collar and contrasting cuffs for the that type of shirt. Also, can another piece of fabric be used as interfacing (I’ve already spent a lot on fabric and buttons so I’m not trying to spend even more)? I haven’t started the shirt yet so I don’t have any pictures.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi, Regarding the collar and cuffs-just cut them out of different fabrics. I would keep the weight similar to the main fabric.
    Interfacing is necessary to stabilize the collar, cuffs and front placket. Having worked for a shirt maker, I learned that interfacing will make or break your project.

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Okay cool! Sounds good! Thanks.
    And if anybody knows how to make a contrasting collar and cuffs feel free to answer. I know that one side of the collar/cuffs would be the different fabric but what side gets sewn to the neck so the different fabric is facing up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.