Book Promo Banner
Classy Dame Dress- Suggested Fabrics?

Classy Dame Dress- Suggested Fabrics?

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Classy Dame Dress- Suggested Fabrics?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi! Beginner sewer here.

I’ve decided to follow along with your tutorial on the classy dame dress (Buterrick5880) . I cannot find crepe or damask at any of the Joann’s in my area and the salespeople are not the greatest at suggesting comparable fabrics?

What other fabrics might you use, that are common enough that Joann’s might carry?

Thanks so much!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I’m so glad you’re going to try this dress. Inside of looking for a specific fabric, we can make things a lot easier for you. You really want a woven fabric, which generally means “not stretchy.” Also, don’t pick something too heavy weight or it won’t carry the drape well. so I would just go in the apparel side of the store and fine something that appeals to you. If you can get at least those two elements right, you’ll probably be good 😀 Please post a pic when you finish!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thanks SO much for your response. These suggestions are very helpful and I feel much more confident about choosing a fabric. Cannot wait to get started and I will post a picture when it’s all done n lovely!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.