Book Promo Banner
Carefree patterns McCalls 6175 size 6 shirt patterns (little girls)

Carefree patterns McCalls 6175 size 6 shirt patterns (little girls)

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Carefree patterns McCalls 6175 size 6 shirt patterns (little girls)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Natinebyat

Hi professor pincushion. I hope you can help me.I started sewing a lot of skirts for my young girls because I don’t see a lot of age appropriate clothing for them. Anyway I moved from skirtsto tops… I make a few easy tops and now I’m beginning to use patterns and I like the vintage patterns a little more than the newer ones. Nevertheless, although I like the pattern listed above I’m stuck on view F #4 yoke and collar but something looks wrong since piece 18 is not all the way attached. It looks confusing not to mention there is still a front piece that is not attached.

Attachments:
    professorpincushion
    Participant

hmmmm….I haven’t done a pattern like this before, so it’s not easy for me to understand. But judging from the picture I could find, the front of the top has like a slit opening with a tie closure, right? Not seeing the other steps, my guess would be that the yoke extends past the front but will eventually be folded back on top of itself to give the yoke a folded finished edge at the opening. For me, I would just continue. I’ve also been there where I’m doing something that isn’t quite clear to me but once I have the physical piece in front of me and I’m going through it, it eventually becomes clearer in a later step.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.