Book Promo Banner
Bridesmaid dress difficulties

Bridesmaid dress difficulties

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Bridesmaid dress difficulties

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rockchicfabric
    Participant

Hi all, does anyone know how to do the neck line on this dress?

At first I thought it was a simple pillowcase dress, sewn inside out because of the layers, but no matter what I do I can’t get the neck line to look like the picture. I have tried both pleating and gathering and then turning it over to top stitch the top. Is it possible that the neck is sewn on to bias binding or something?

Attachments:
    Rockchicfabric
    Participant

I should have said. Thank you to anyone that can help. Sorry I am panicking as I am making them for a wedding in a few weeks. I thought they were going to be easy lol!!

professorpincushion
    Participant

It’s really hard to tell what’s really going on in these photos but it does look gathered. Maybe it’s utilizing a casing and elastic. I would try it on a test muslin first to see if it will create a similar effect. Take the neckline, fold over to create a casing. (The neckline of the dress should maybe be 1 1/2 times the length of the finished neckline to start. The elastic should be the exact length of the desired neckline.) Then slide the elastic through, locking it in place, with stitches, at the sides of the neckline. Hope that helps!

Rockchicfabric
    Participant

Thank you for replying so quickly. I have struggled with the pics too. If I could have zoomed in that would have helped. I will try your suggestion. That sounds like it will work well.

Thank you so much.

Dawn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.