Book Promo Banner
Betty Holiday Dress

Betty Holiday Dress

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Betty Holiday Dress

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 9 months ago by the_professors_assistant.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I am trying to alter the bodice of the Betty dress. I watched your bodice alteration tutorial but the problem is that I cannot find a grain line on the Betty bodice front to utilize. I need to shorten the bodice, what line do I extend? Can you help? I just bought the pattern and I’m lost on this issue.
    Thanks

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay in response. I’m in the process of moving and things are definitely crazy right now. This actually has an easy solution. The grainline, if they would have drawn one, would be parallel to the center front line, (the edge of the pattern that is placed on the fold). So you can either draw your own grainline that is parallel with the foldline arrow or trace a line along the foldline side of the pattern and slide the pattern up or down against that line. I hope that helps you move forward! 😀

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Thank You! I thought it best to follow that line but didn’t want to assume anything. Good luck with the move!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.