Book Promo Banner
Bent needles

Bent needles

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Bent needles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

I keep bending the tip of the sewing machine needle. What am I doing wrong? Also I get three threads coming out of the bobbin hole at times. Help!

the_professors_assistant
    Keymaster

Hi Ruby,
    There could be a few things that cause problems with needles. If your needle is not aligned properly and hitting the thread plate, it will damage the needle. Make sure that your thread tension is not too tight. (Also, some machines have a bobbin tension so be sure to check that if you’re also having problems with your bobbin.) Don’t sew over straight pins because if your needle hits one, it can damage the needle. Make sure that you’re using the correct size needle. If you’re using a lightweight needle on heavy weight fabric it could damage your needle. Also, make sure you’re not using an old needle. A new needle should be put in after every couple of projects as they will dull over time. If none of this helps, it may be time to take your machine in for maintenance and to have a professional take a look at it. I hope your machine is feeling better soon! 🙁

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.