Book Promo Banner
Basic tank top pattern

Basic tank top pattern

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Basic tank top pattern

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JayEm
    Participant

Hi there

I found this pattern very helpful, as I am difficult to fit. Thank you. Would it be possible to do a similar thing for a man’s T Shirt? My husband is also difficult to fit.

Regards.

JayEm

professorpincushion
    Participant

Yes, it should work for either male or female. I would just use some cheap tshirt material though to test the fit from your pattern and see if you’d like to make any further pattern adjustments.

JayEm
    Participant

Hi

I have another question about the basic tank top pattern. I have had a long lay-off from sewing and I am trying to get back in using the basic tank top pattern again. I am having difficulty with the arm and neck bands. Before you attach the band, you have to fold it in half and make a line of sewing at about 1/2 inch from the raw edge. When you attach this to the main body of the T shirt, I cannot see how this first line and the new line of stitches do not overlap and/or are not visible when finish the neckline. Am I doing something wrong?

Regards.

JayEm

professorpincushion
    Participant

when you just fold the band in half you don’t need to sew it right then. Just sew it a 1/2″ away from the edge when attaching it to the armhole or neckband. sorry about the confusion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.