Book Promo Banner
Basic tank top pattern – what am I doing wrong?

Basic tank top pattern – what am I doing wrong?

Home Page Forums Ask A Question Basic tank top pattern – what am I doing wrong?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JayEm
    Participant

I have made this tank top 3 times and it still does not sit right. I can’t wear any of them!

Please see the photos (the blue stitching is tacking). Although I follow the instructions given in the video exactly, the bands, particularly the neckband, do not sit right. I have made the bands 10% shorter than the total neck length and armhole length, but the bands still turn down and hang. Is seems as though the material (T shirt material) is too heavy and multiple layers around the neck drags it down.

Should I clip it closer to the stitching to make it lighter? Should I stitch a line at the bottom under the zigzag stitching so it holds it all in place? Please can you help.

Jessica

Attachments:
    professorpincushion
    Participant

Oh no! sorry to hear that. Hmmm….it could be the fabric is too heavy or it could be the fabric doesn’t have enough stability. If it were me, I’d try adding a little fusible knit interfacing at the center front neckline on the inside. Sure, you’ll be able to see it on the inside, but I think it’s better than adding additional stitching and you can wear it. I would try overlapping it over the band and neckline and see if giving it more stabilization will make it sit better when you wear it. I hope this helps.

JayEm
    Participant

Thanks. I will certainly give it a try.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Ask A Question’ is closed to new topics and replies.